How does shared hosting work?
There are many types of web hosting services available. The most commonly used being shared hosting.
Shared hosting combines several websites onto one server. These sites share server hardware, bandwidth and memory space. This method is preferred over other hosting solutions due to low cost.
You can compare shared hosting to renting an apartment versus buying a house. When you purchase a house, you control, maintain and own the property. When you live in an apartment, you share the cost of maintenance with the people in your building. Shared web hosting works in the same way. The cost is split between the website owners, while the maintenance is managed by the hosting company. When you live in an apartment there are rules regarding making changes to the apartment, this is the same with shared hosting accounts, you have limited server access and no control over hardware or software used.
Many Benefits To Owners Starting A New Small Business.
- It requires little technical experience.
- You do not need a technical staff to run, maintain and support the server.
- As your business success grows it is easy to migrate your website to a larger hosting plan.
- Provides a user-friendly control panel.
- Comes with a website builder, with easy-to-use templates, to create a professional looking site.
Get your small business online today with a shared web hosting plan from Netsonic.